Our Services

Foreign Divorce Opinions Letters for Remarriage in Canada

If you plan to remarry in Canada and you were divorced in another country, you will require a letter of opinion from a lawyer in Canada. The purpose of the letter of opinion is to advise the Government of Canada that your foreign divorce was in accordance with Canada’s requirements for a valid divorce. This can be a complicated area of family law and you should contact one of our family law lawyers as soon as you form the intention to remarry.

All practiceAreas

Brantford Office

20 Wellington St., P.O. Box 1510
Brantford, ON N3T 5V6
t 519.759.6220
f 519.759.8360

Paris Office

7 William St.
Paris, ON N3L 1K6
t 519.442.5571
f 519.442.5567

Proudly Serving our community for over 90 years

Contact Waterous