Return to all FAQ's

Do I have to share custody of my children with my husband?

Generally, until a separation between the parents takes place, they are equally entitled to custody of the children.  After a separation, in the absence of a Court Order or a Separation Agreement, a parent’s entitlement to custody (not access) is suspended if he or she consents or acquiesces to the children residing with the other parent.

Brantford Office

20 Wellington St., P.O. Box 1510
Brantford, ON N3T 5V6
t 519.759.6220
f 519.759.8360

Paris Office

7 William St.
Paris, ON N3L 1K6
t 519.442.5571
f 519.442.5567

Proudly Serving our community for over 90 years

Contact Waterous