Richard `Dick’ Waterous (April 23, 1928-March 21, 2013)
Dick was born in Brantford and was a life-long resident of the City except while attending University and Law School. Dick was a founder of our firm and for over 50 years practiced law, focusing on corporate and commercial law, real estate development, and estate planning and administration. Dick was actively involved in the community and also was director of a number of companies involved in the manufacturing, information technology and financial services.
Dick received the first lifetime achievement award presented by the Brantford Chamber of Commerce, in recognition of his achievements and pre-eminent position in the Brantford legal community.
A skier, and for many years a member (and past director) of HoliMont Ski Club, Ellicottville, New York. Dick was also a keen fisherman and the founder and chairman of La Reserve Beauchene Inc., Temiscaming, Quebec.
Award and Achievements
- Received a commission in Canada’s Naval Reserve
- Received the first Lifetime Achievement Award given by the Brantford Chamber of Commerce.
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 1955
- York University, LLM, 1997
- University of Toronto, Honours BA, 1951