Steven Portelli was born and raised in Brantford. After leaving Brantford to pursue his education and early career, he was drawn back to his hometown in 2004 to practice at Waterous Holden as an associate, becoming a partner in 2008. He is deeply committed to the success of Brantford and has demonstrated this through his involvement in the community of Brantford and Brant, serving on a number of boards, providing pro bono legal services to several non profits, and participating in curling and golf leagues.
Steven completed an honours degree in Physics before attending law school. Following his call to the bar, Steven articled and worked as an associate with a large Bay Street firm specializing in securities, mergers and acquisitions and financing. This experience and training has proven valuable to his current practice as Steven is able to provide the quality and responsiveness of service of a Bay Street firm, combined with the accessibility of a hometown lawyer.
Steven regularly takes on a number of difficult and time sensitive matters, and considers his quick responsiveness to his clients of the highest priority. Several lawyers in the Brantford area regularly refer difficult or complex matters to him from their own practices. If time is of the essence for your matter, then Steven will ensure that your matter is handled efficiently, effectively and within the timelines you require. No matter is too complex or refused.
Steven has a growing practice encompassing a broad spectrum of new businesses, entrepreneurs, large businesses and manufacturers, cross border enterprises, not for profit organizations, and individuals requiring assistance with their wills, estates, real estate or other personal matters.
- Nipissing University Board of Governors
- St. Joseph’s Lifecare Foundation (Director - Current Galaxy Youth Soccer Club (Vice-President)
- Brant United Way (Vice-Chair)
- Brantford Galaxy Youth Soccer (Vice-President)
- Boys’ and Girls’ Club of Brantford (Past President)
- Member of the Research Ethics Committee – Brant Community Health Care System
- St. John’s College Alumni Association (Committee Member)
- Brant Community Health Care System Foundation – Board Member
- Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation (Member of the Gift Planning Services Committee)
- Chamber of Commerce Brantford-Brant (Past President)
- Member of the Physician Recruitment Task Force
- Director - Your Homes of Brantford