Our Services

Tort Action

Depending on the seriousness of your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries from the at-fault driver. This involves commencing a tort action (or “lawsuit”) against the at-fault driver. Our provincial insurance legislation limits an injured party’s right to sue in two ways. First, the legislation prescribes a deductible to general damages (often called damages for “pain and suffering”) which means that if your injuries are only minor in nature, you may not be entitled to compensation. Second, the legislation sets out a specific test regarding the type and severity of injury that will qualify for compensation – this is often referred to as the “threshold”. If the injury meets the threshold, you may be entitled to compensation. If the injury does not meet the threshold, you are not entitled to compensation. The court’s interpretation of the threshold is ever-changing and the lawyers at Waterous are always up-to-date on the most recent changes.

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, call Waterous at 519-759-6220 for a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means that unless and until we recover monies on your behalf, there will be no cost to you.

All practiceAreas

Brantford Office

20 Wellington St., P.O. Box 1510
Brantford, ON N3T 5V6
t 519.759.6220
f 519.759.8360

Paris Office

7 William St.
Paris, ON N3L 1K6
t 519.442.5571
f 519.442.5567

Proudly Serving our community for over 90 years

Contact Waterous