Our Services


Where there is a will, the executor or trustee, in order to obtain authority to deal with the deceased's assets, must apply to the Court to obtain the Court's authority to act in carrying out the deceased's wishes according to his or her last will and testament. Generally speaking, where there is no will, the closest relative is entitled to apply for letters of administration to wind up the deceased's estate in accordance with the provincial legislation which provides rules of division of the estate.

"Probate" and "Administration" are now known as "Certificate of Appointment of Estate Trustee with a Will" and "Certificate of Appointment of Estate Trustee without a Will", respectively.

All practiceAreas

Brantford Office

20 Wellington St., P.O. Box 1510
Brantford, ON N3T 5V6
t 519.759.6220
f 519.759.8360

Paris Office

7 William St.
Paris, ON N3L 1K6
t 519.442.5571
f 519.442.5567

Proudly Serving our community for over 90 years

Contact Waterous